Friday, August 16, 2019

There's a First Time for Everything

In my previous post I described my efforts to replace the shoji paper on the slides in my Japanese style room.  Here are the final results:


The two slides on the left have ironed on shoji paper.  The two slides on the right have glued on shoji paper.  It may not be possible to see in the photo but the shoji paper on the left hand slides isn't quite flat.  I've tried to get them to go taut by misting them with water but that wasn't enough to do the trick.  Oh well...fix it up next year I suppose.

I showed the above photo to an acquaintance and she thought I had done very well.  "When I do it there are bumps all over the place" she said.  Okay.  But I still think I have a bit of room for improvement.  Though with the tools I have this may be as good as it gets....

Here's a work in progress shot of the centre right slide:



No comments: